Up until today, I had a very clear conception of what luxury in its finest form meant to me.
A Porsche convertible, black, with leather seats and a Bose sound system. Or maybe Bang and Olufsen.
Trips to London whenever I feel like it, with a suite at the Mandarin Oriental so that I would only have to drop off the steps to be in Brompton Road or Sloane street, and there’s a Starbucks next door, too.
Carte Blanche for the ground floor of Selfridge’s, the designer purse heaven.
Mauve silk Valentino evening slippers, the 1000$ shawl, same designer, that I saw at Harrods last spring, my own MacBook, a large house on the beach in Maryland.
And of course the ultimate luxury trip, attending the soundcheck and time before the concert backstage at my favorite singer’s show, but please not here in Hamburg, make that Madison Square Garden or Hollywood Bowl. Or the O2 in London, because I LOVE London.
The sound- and lighting equipment that Neil lugs around, for my musical troupe.
Only it would bring down the ceiling in our old school hall, so no.
Ah, here’s another nice one: a performance with my troupe at the Royal Albert Hall!!!!
Attending the Academy Awards, but not somewhere in the back row of a balcony, no, I want to sit up front, too!
The list could go on, of course, as you all know, forever.
But today, I found the ultimate, final, to-die-for luxury right here at home:
my own shower. My very own, newly renovated bathroom.
No more traipsing to the school gym every night for a quick dip, no more brushing my teeth and washing my face over the kitchen sink! A long, hot shower, warmed towels from the brand new heater, white tiles, and also a non-clinging shower curtain (Tom Hensley, cry your heart out!!!).
Nothing, folks, nothing beats that! Believe me!
- Colin Powell: American Leadership — We Can’t Do It for Free nyti.ms/2qXiUgf 11 minutes ago
- @PatriciaGapske @BarbaraMaddux @XuxaSkye @SitharaBihar @LindaKSienkwicz @patz313 @skyracr @Buddhapuss Having a late lunch here. xo 32 minutes ago
- @PatriciaGapske @BarbaraMaddux @XuxaSkye @SitharaBihar @LindaKSienkwicz @patz313 @skyracr @Buddhapuss Yes, it is. Thank you, Patti. 32 minutes ago
- RT @tribelaw: It's hard to view Gianforte's brutality toward a polite journalist as unrelated to Trump's incitement of assaultive hatred to… 33 minutes ago
- Of course not. We Europeans don’t crawl into anyone’s asses. twitter.com/minamaya13/sta… 4 hours ago
- October 2012
- May 2012
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009