Hi, folks, here are the tweets I WOULD HAVE sent if there was wifi here. Probably many more, in reply to what you would say to me, but this is the gist, I figure. Miss you all a lot.
– Had the the best of times with @crookedstamper. She is SO sweet”! Thank you, Leslie, for being my friend. I’m very honored indeed. 🙂
– Luray Caverns, or the cold, sweaty dungeons of hell. Made it through, but barely. But I WALKED ALL THE WAY! No cane, no wheelchair, nothing! (Don’t ask what I did right after getting out again, though.)
– Going southward in a little @understandblue-blue truck.
– Made it to Topsail Island, took the wrong turn only twice. Landed in the dingiest part of some town in the middle of the night, got out again.
– Not sure we are on an island. There was a bridge, but we saw no water. Might have been because of the darkness though.
– The Bunneh and her BF insist on me taking the bedroom with the big bed while they sleep in the bunk beds. SO sweet of them!
– No internet. Damn all. But nice view of the beach, and a full moon reflecting on the surface of the ocean.
– There are drinks. I think I’m having Dr. Pepper’s with vodka or something. Not that I care. 2am in the morning.
– Oh yes and it’s my birthday. Happy Birthday, me. xxx
– These people get up way too early. IT’S ONLY 7am FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! GET SOME SLEEP!
– Walk on the beach with the Bunneh. We found some seashells and driftwood. The water is nice!
– Topsail Island: 5 gazillion houses, three roads, twenty gift shops and not much else.
– Kid next door – or rather next balcony – is screaming like a banshee. Big brother, maybe 12, is emptying Coke cans down into the yard. Think I’ll go inside.
– Hehehe – I brought the cool weather with me from home. “Normally it’s WAY hotter!” Oh, really? Lol
– When everything else fails, my writing is a place I can always go to. Happy Birthday!
– Bought myself a silver shark teeth ring for my birthday!
– Can’t wait to meet @buddhapuss. Will I THEN feel like an author, I wonder?
– Lonely. Tired. Wish my hubby was here.
– The most unsavory place on Earth. It should not even carry the name “diner” or “grill”. It should be burned to the ground. #Notsocoolforabirthdaydinner
– Insight: even if you use it all by yourself a toothpaste tube will be empty in three weeks.
– Slept in today. So there. Hello Sunday.
– So, @RalphGraves, what makes you think Topsail Island is “undiscovered”? There isn’t an inch of empty land here, except for the protected dunes. House after house after house.
– Heartily sick of fried food.
– Sorting old family photos with @holyxuxa. Some pretty creepy stuff there. Lots of pics of people in their coffins.
– Nothing open for lunch on Topsail Island but the seedier spots. So cherries and strawberries it is, and a table booked for dinner.
– Not to self: don’t forget the sunblock next time.
– Tweeting without twitter is like driving without gas.
-Topsail Island food, redeemed: excellent dinner at “Bistro at Justbaked”. Wow, that was the best chicken in my life. Move over, @Georgia_browns.
– The Bunneh has gone down to the beach. Injection aftermath for me, I’m on the couch now.
– The tide here is pitiful. 20 meters, you call that a TIDE?
– I’m in a country full of Americans…
– Good morning, Monday!
– 7am, and already it’s muggy and hot outside. The Bunneh has gone for a stroll on the beach. Today we’ll try to find a place with wifi. And visit some antique stores.
– Read the first two chapters of my new novel to @holyxuxa last night. She loved it. But then she loves everything I write. 🙂
– vVVROOOooming down the highway to Wilmington, top of the car down, hair blowing in the wind!
– In Wilmington, searching for some coffee shop with wifi.